HHB Engineers is a growing company looking for talented candidates to join our team!
How to Apply:
Please call our office at 334-358-2707 x10 and speak with Chris Akins, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this position.
Mechanical CAD Operator / Drafter
HHB Engineers, P.C. is looking for a full-time qualified Mechanical CAD Operator / Drafter who works under specific supervision to perform specialized computer aided drafting (CAD) of mechanical plans including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and DDC Controls. An employee in this class performs a variety of CAD operations, increasing in scope and difficulty as knowledge and experience are gained. Work is managed and reviewed by the Drafting Manager, Senior Designers, Engineers, and Principals. This position is an in-person position at our office in Prattville, Alabama.
- Associate Degree for 2-year educational program in related course work.
- 5 years minimum experience with AutoCAD
- 1 year experience using Revit preferred but not required.
- 2 years previous drafting experience for a Mechanical consulting firm or Mechanical contractor in the building construction industry preferred but not required.
- Follow guidelines in the HHB Drafting Manual on company CAD standards.
- Set-up projects in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Use Project Navigator in AutoCAD for sheet management (using elements, constructions, views, and sheets).
- Draft Red-line mark-ups in AutoCAD and Revit under the direct supervision of others.
- Plotting/production and distribution of plans for review
- Acquire experience, skills, and education as necessary to advance in CAD skills and design through online learning and instructor-led short courses.
- Possible field work performing and assisting with verification of existing conditions in commercial buildings, local travel only.
Candidates must be able to work in a deadline driven environment. Candidate must demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of quality control of their work, and communicate effectively with others for workflow management. Based upon performance and skill level, the employee will be given opportunities to advance and gain more responsibilities within the firm.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. HHB hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Overtime is required as project deadlines dictate, with overtime paid at time and a half normal hourly rate. However, HHB values work-life balance of all staff, and strives to manage workflow of employees and client deadlines to minimize overtime.
Candidate must be able to pass randomized drug tests and background checks.
HHB Engineers offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Health Care Benefits with 100% company paid premiums for employees (approximately current value of $5,700/year)
- Paid Time Off, includes vacation and sick leave. Paid Sick Leave accrues upon full time employment, paid vacation is prorated after 6 months.
- Retirement plan with employer matching (eligibility requirements of one year)
- Vision insurance for employees
- Dental insurance for employees and their families
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- HHB encourages continuing education, and pays for employee training including for online courses, in-person instruction, etc.
Pay will be based on experience, approximate range of $20-$25/hr, with optional bonuses.