Scope: The scope included the renovation of a 400,000 sf old hospital complex into a major commercial RSA Office Center and Complex. The complex included new facilities for major State agencies requiring multiple computer room facilities, telecommunications and special design requirements and criteria and a new energy plant. There were many challenges including limited floor to ceiling heights.
Installed new 2000-ton central chilled water plant distribution to three separate buildings.
HHB served as the Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications, Plumbing and Fire Protection Design Engineers for the project including Construction Period Services. The Complex was renovated for numerous type occupancies with a project cost of $40,000,000.00.
- Alabama Bureau of Investigations (ABI)
- Alabama Department of Public Safety
- Alabama Department of Corrections, Pardons and Paroles
- Detention Areas
- Computer Rooms
- Central Plant – Power/Chiller/Boiler Plants
- Chilled Water Plant – 2000 Tons
- Critical Systems Back-up Power Generation
- Primary & Secondary Power Distribution
- Telecommunication Backbone & Distribution
- Life Safety Systems
- Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
- Security Systems
- Sprinkler Fire Protection
- Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP)