Mechanical CAD Operator / Drafter
HHB Engineers, P.C. is looking for a full-time qualified Mechanical CAD Drafter who works under specific supervision to perform specialized computer aided drafting (CAD) of mechanical plans including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and controls. An employee in this class performs a variety of CAD operations, increasing in scope and difficulty as knowledge and experience are gained. Work is managed and reviewed by the Drafting Manager, Senior Designers, Engineers, and Principals.
Experience/Education/Knowledge: Associate Degree for 2-year educational program in related course work or equivalent. Proficiency with the use of personal computers and AutoCAD. Knowledge and use of AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit MEP desirable but not required. 2 years previous drafting experience for a consulting firm or contractor in the commercial building construction industry desired.
- Follow guidelines in the HHB Drafting Manual on company CAD standards.
- Set-up projects in AutoCAD
- Develop floor plans from existing hard copy plans.
- CAD of red-line mark-up under the direct supervision of others.
- Plotting and distribution of plans for review
- Assistance with Revit projects
- Acquire experience, skills, and education as necessary to advance in CAD skills and design.
- Possible field work performing and assisting with construction observation
Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines at once. Based upon performance and skill level, the employee will be given opportunities to advance and gain more responsibilities within the firm including design of plumbing and HVAC systems.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. HHB hours of operations are Mon-Thurs, 7:30am-5:30pm, and EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF! On Fridays that we are open, the hours are 7:30am-4:30pm. Overtime is needed on occasion as project deadlines dictate, with overtime paid at time and a half normal hourly rate.
HHB Engineers offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Health Care Benefits with 100% firm paid premiums for employees (approximately current value of $5,000/year)
- paid vacation and sick time (120 hours paid time off after the first year)
- retirement plan with employer matching (eligibility requirements of one year)
- vision insurance
- dental insurance
- short-term disability insurance
- long term disability insurance
- HHB encourages continuing education, and pays for employee training at conferences, seminars, short-courses, and professional society events.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com, or contact us at 334-358-2707 Ext. 15 or for more information.