HHB Engineers is the Mechanical Engineers for the Core/Shell and Tenant Fit-up projects for the Renovation of the 284,000 square foot RSA Trustmark Tower (Formerly Amsouth Tower) in Mobile, AL.
This building was constructed in 1964 and was once the tallest building on the Gulf Coast. Building is 34-stories with a basement. Project included the complete interior demolition and renovation. Thompson Engineering provided environment engineering for abatement/remediation, HHB provided mechanical, plumbing and fire protection engineering. Features included:
- 284,000 sf with 27 story tenant tower, original construction 1964.
- Design included early core/shell design.
- Follow-up projects Class B office spaces at tower, server room for BankTrust, Food Service (Chick-fil-a).
- First floor bank with teller drive through.
- Complete new air conditioning system with air handling unit per floor, four 200 ton variable speed compressor air cooled chillers, primary/secondary chilled water distribution.
- Dedicated outside air preconditioning system with exhaust/relief air energy recovery
- Stairwell pressurization system.
- New fire suppression system and fire pump.
- New plumbing system including storm drain, waste & vent and potable water. Pressure booster system with pressure reducing valves per floor.
- All mechanical equipment located at mezzanine level to avoid potential for flooding during hurricane (existing plant was in basement).
- Humid area and coastal system design.