Hattemer, Hornsby & Bailey (HHB) served as the Prime A/E and was responsible for all aspects of the design to include complete facility Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) system replacement and upgrades. The project included electrical upgrades and Fire Alarm System upgrades, replacement and Construction Period Services.
Scope: The project included the complete replacement of a two-pipe fan coil HVAC system with forced air variable air volume and upgrades to the 280Y/120 volt electrical distribution throughout the 130,000 SF building. Unique features included:
- Building occupancy through-out the construction. To facilitate this requirement, new equipment penthouses were constructed to house the primary air handling units. Ductwork was distributed vertically through the 5-story building with new duct chases constructed.
- Consolidation of three boiler systems into one, sized for the entire 180,000 SF complex
- Consolidation of three chiller systems into one, sized for the entire 180,000 SF complex
- Chiller system includes heat recovery for re-heat system
- New buss duct risers to increase the 280Y/120 volt power available at each floor and assist in harmonic current control
- Fire alarm system upgrade.
Project Cost: $4,500,000.00