Scope: The Retirement Systems of Alabama (RSA) consolidated their operations into the new 250,000 sf Headquarters Building. The building consists of a basement and 8 upper floors. The project consisted of a Core and Shell package followed by a Tenant Fit-Out package.
Construction Cost: $100M +
HHB Engineers served as the Mechanical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection consulting engineers for the project.
- 100% redundant power using three 1500 kw natural gas fired engine generators.
- Remote cooling system with heat exchangers for generator cooling.
- Redundant power risers
- 100% redundant cooling capacity using three 500-ton chillers.
- Dedicated IT Server Room chilled water system with redundant air cooled chillers, 1500-gallon chilled water storage tank, and added back-up from building HVAC chilled water system.
- In-rack server room CRAC-type system with chilled water.
- Dedicated outside air preconditioning system with exhaust/relief air energy recovery.
- Concrete/ceramic cooling tower. With RSA logo.
- HVAC cooling coil condensate recovery back to cooling tower basin
- Basement located central two 300 kw UPS units for mission critical systems.
- Perimeter and interior security systems
- First floor Baumhowers Restaurant with make-up air and side wall louver grease exhaust.
- Mail room emergency ventilation system.
- Class 1 and 2 office spaces
- Parking garage with ventilation system.