University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Bryant Denny Stadium Renovations and Additions
HHB Engineers were the Mechanical Engineering Consultants for the $110M renovation and expansion of Bryant Denny Stadium completed the fall of 2020. Barbara McCrary, PE served as the Engineer of Record for the project.
Enhancements to Bryant-Denny Stadium included:
- Floor expansion to Level 7 on the West side to accommodate 3 new clubs and premium suites and seating
- The addition of Loge Boxes, new skyboxes on the east U1 level and west side Founders Suites
- Relocated press box
- Improvements to all home team areas including complete renovation to the home locker room and a new team tunnel
- Renovated recruiting area in the north end zone
- New student concessions and restroom area with gathering spaces
HHB Engineers served as Prime AE for a separate but concurrent $2M project to design and install a new chilled water system within Bryant Denny, and also connecting BDS to the campus central thermal chilled water system. This project including removal of 8 air-cooled chilled water systems, modifications to all existing CW systems, three new 100 HP tertiary pumps with bypass and room for a 4th pump. This project was completed in April of 2020.